By: Susan Finco, President, Leonard & Finco Public Relations
It would be fairly easy to come up with a long list of things PR pros don’t like. After all, it’s human nature to complain. But I prefer to focus on the positives. So, what makes PR pros happy? Here are my observations along with some comments from friends and colleagues (in no particular ranking):
- “Seeing a positive, front-page newspaper article about my company.” - Jackie Olson, ATC Corporate Communications
- Clients that understand successful PR is an “all the time” thing and not a “one and done” effort
- Good reporter relationships
- “The excitement of a successful client product launch.” - Cole Buergi, Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc.
- Tackling a crisis situation and getting the outcome you hoped for
- “Articles or social media praising a PR team that was proactive and did something right.” -Dana Jermstad, Prevea Health, Integrated Media Supervisor
- A media monitoring service that is honest about what it can – and can’t – capture
- Putting two clients together for a collaborative effort that works out even better than expected
- “Writing a column and having it come together quickly and in a way that you feel good about it.” - Scott Stein, Leonard & Finco Public Relations, Inc.
- Networking. With each other. With clients. With complete strangers. We’re in PR after all!
What things make you happy as a PR pro? I know there are dozens of additional items to add to this list!