Monday, December 29, 2014

New Year’s Resolutions


By: Susan Finco, President, Leonard & Finco Public Relations

Do you make resolutions every year? Most of us do, they tend to serve as reminders to us that there is always room for improvement. I asked some of the folks in our office what their resolutions are for the coming year. Here are a few of the responses:

Charlie Leonard: I resolve to be a better person in 2015. (Amen to that!)

Steve Scaffidi (who also happens to be the mayor of Oak Creek, WI; a suburb of Milwaukee):
“We're celebrating our 60th year as a city, and to honor that my resolution is to perform 60 acts of kindness throughout the year.”

Cole Buergi: I resolve to exercise more and create more opportunities for quality time with my family.

Kristen Paquet: To live in the moment. Everything seems to happen so quickly these days – and kids grow up so fast - I need to remind myself to enjoy life as it is happening.

Deanna Johnson: To relax and feel the difference by routinely scheduling time for myself. Maybe I can then read the latest book that is collecting dust, get an overdue pedicure or just have a leisurely dinner with a good friend.

As for me, I’m joining Kristen in trying to live more in the moment. I’d also like to increase the number of times a week I exercise from two to four times a week. I actually think the exercise thing will be easier to achieve than the living in the moment concept. (I’m always thinking ten steps ahead). But, that’s what resolutions are for; a jump start on improvement. Personally, I love making resolutions…it’s keeping them that could use some improvement! So what are your resolutions for 2015?

No comments: