Thursday, December 19, 2013

‘Tis the season to reflect



By: Cole Buergi, VP of Business Development, Leonard & Finco Public Relations

'Tis the season and there’s truly no better time of year to take a step back from the hectic pace in your world and reflect on all the wonderful things in your life. At times, it can be easy to forget about all the good things and just focus on wanting more or, in some cases, just not focusing at all

For me, I think about my wife, my two stepdaughters, other family and friends. I’m thankful for the home I have and the life that I share with people I love and that love me.  I’m also lucky to have a great job with a wonderful team of co-workers.

I also think about those less fortunate. Particularly those that struggle to make ends meet or can’t afford to put a simple meal on the table for their family. The holidays are a good time to provide a helping hand, either through volunteering at a local charity or by donating food, health care products, clothes or money to help others in need. It’s also a great time to get the entire family involved so they can understand the importance of giving and helping others.

Just a few of the organizations that would welcome your support include:

  • The Salvation Army
  • Paul’s Pantry
  • Homeless Shelter
  • Cerebral Palsy Center
  • United Way
  • American Red Cross
  • Marion House

These are just a small handful of the many organizations providing support to our community and making it a better place to live.

It’s also important to remember that many local charities see a significant boost from donations around the holiday season but then struggle throughout the year. For 2014, make it a point to help out during other times of year as well.

I’m interested in learning what organizations our readers support. Please share them with us and help bring attention to an organization you support.

Happy Holidays and have a wonderful New Year,
Cole

No comments: