Thursday, November 14, 2013

Really, have we gotten that lazy?



By: Cole Buergi, VP of Business Development, Leonard & Finco Public Relations

Are you exhausted, too busy to bother or just plain old don’t feel like taking the time to post something on your Facebook status?  

Don’t fret! There’s a new app available that will post things on your behalf. The "What would I say?" app apparently reviews what you posted in the past using a Markov Bot and then generates a status update by predicting what you’re likely to say. 

I don’t know about you, but it sounds kind of cold and methodical to me. Personally, I really don’t like anyone predicting what I’m going to say, much less a Bot, whether it’s Markov or some other one. 

On the plus side, if anyone ever takes offense to one of your status updates, you can simply say, “I didn’t’ write it, it was my app!” This might get a whole lot of celebrities and sports athletes out of trouble. Hmmm, maybe that is who the app creators are marketing this to."

This might be a strange thought, but if you truly don’t feel like doing a status update on Facebook, how about you just don’t post one. This would seem to be the simplest answer to the age old question, “To post, or not to post.”

I’m curious, would you consider using the “What would I say app?”? Why or why not? And please be a person responding and not an app.

No comments: