Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Password Protection: Better to be safe than sorry



By: Cole Buergi, VP Business Development, Leonard & Finco Public RelationsIf you haven’t heard, news stories earlier last week reported that Russian gangsters have stolen more than a billion Internet passwords from individuals through the world. Yes, that’s right, it means once again, it would be very prudent to change all your passwords for all or your online accounts or risk falling victim to fraud.

I, for one, am getting very tired of hearing about hackers stealing people’s passwords. With all the technology being developed daily, one would think that security technology could keep up or, better yet, surpass the ability of hackers to break in and steal information.

I’m not sure about you, but I have numerous accounts that now need to be updated, AGAIN. I have so many that I have to keep a running spreadsheet just to keep track of them because I’ll never be able to remember them all. And, of course that needs to be password protected too in the event my computer gets hacked.

Do you plan to change all your passwords? Do you have an easy system to do so? If yes, please share.

I wish everyone a wonderful day. Mine won’t be as I’ll be sitting at my computer most of it changing passwords.

No comments: